The deadline is looming for submissions to an exhibition at the Art Gallery of Windsor of creative works by members of the disability community across Windsor-Essex.
The disability studies program in the School of Social Work is a co-sponsor of “Disability [R]evolution,” which invites submissions of varied media, including:
- traditional artwork such as paintings, sculptures, or drawings;
- letters or correspondence to your future self, an artist, or someone else;
- photographs taken with a physical camera or a cell phone;
- objects from your own collection for the length of the exhibition.
The deadline to submit work is Friday, March 11.
Works should address one or both of the themes:
- Time Capsule If you could create a time capsule filled with artifacts for a future that you want to see for people with disabilities, what would you include?
- Exhibition Response Create a response to an artist or work from Crip Ecologies: Vulnerable Bodies in a Toxic Landscape. Check out Critique the Collection for ideas.
Find details in the call for submissions on the gallery’s website.