More people than ever are using the Safe Lancer Mobile App, a function of its COVID screening feature being necessary to enter the UWindsor campus.
However, Campus Community Police director Matthew D’Asti hopes users will explore the other aspects of the app, which offers a wide range of services to promote safety and security.
- One-touch access to Campus Police and Windsor Police, both emergency and non-emergency numbers
- Personal “blue light” button for pedestrians on campus to contact Campus Police immediately
- Virtual Walk home features enabling Campus Police (or a friend) to follow walkers online to their destination
- “Chat with Campus Police” dispatcher directly
- National Weather Service and Environment Canada alerts
- Push notifications from UWindsor Alert for campus emergencies
- Report-a-Tip to Campus Police
- Access to all campus emergency plans and procedures
- Geo-located map of reported crimes
- Access to on- and off-campus support services
- Quick links to Campus Police social media platforms
The app is available for Android or Apple devices. Download the Safe Lancer Mobile App.