Jun 29th, 2021
As the summer heats up, many will seek refuge in the pool or at the beach.
In a message sent Monday to UWindsor staff and faculty, Human Resources shares tips to help ensure that water activities are safe as well as fun:
- Keep rescue equipment close at hand. If swimming in a public pool or beach, look for and read the safety signs.
- Walk, do not run, on the pool deck.
- Rather than inflatable floating aids, wear a life jacket that is the right size for your weight.
- Watch for hazards and underwater traps.
- Never swim alone. Use a buddy system and watch out for each other.