Lancer Recreation has prepared a number of virtual programs to engage youths, says summer camps co-ordinator Olivia Binder.
The Facebook Live Summer Camp promises two sessions each weekday of fun, general interest activities. Camp leaders will engage participants @LancerSummerCamps for 30 to 60 minutes, at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Binder will post the week’s schedule each Saturday to give the youngsters a chance to get prepared and “ready to have fun!”
At the end of each day’s activities, a quiz question drawing on the information conveyed will give respondents a chance to win a Lancer Summer Camps T-shirt and a week of attendance in 2021.
Safety courses for kids
The program is also providing courses that equip youth with life skills to prepare them to look after themselves or other children in a safe and responsible manner.
- My Safe Life for Kids is for children seven to 10 years old;
- Home Alone Safety for Kids is aimed at those nine to 12 years old; and
- Red Cross Babysitter’s Course is for older youths, 11 to 15 years old.
Lancer Summer Camps is offering its own Esports League starting Monday, July 13.
Competitions will include:
- FIFA 20 or Madden 20 for Xbox or PS4, Mondays and Thursdays at 7 p.m.
- NBA 2K20 for Xbox or PS4, Tuesdays and Fridays at 7 p.m.
- Rocket League for all game consoles, Saturdays at 7 p.m.
Register free by Saturday, July 11. Find all necessary details on the Lancer Rec Virtual Programs website.