The Department of Human Resources has published a document to help supervisors respond to COVID-19 related illnesses and concerns.
Entitled “COVID-19: Supervisor’s Guide to Reporting Employee Illness, Infection and Testing and Employee Privacy,” the document provides answers to such questions as:
- If I suspect an employee may have COVID-19, what questions can I ask?
- One of my employees is displaying symptoms of potential COVID-19 while at work. What do I do?
- What should I do if an employee reports a positive case of COVID-19?
- Can an employee refuse to work if they are afraid of contracting COVID-19 in the workplace?
- If an employee is experiencing stress and anxiety about the COVID-19 pandemic, what can I do?