A series of events on campus this week will celebrate the benefits of co-operative education and work-integrated learning opportunities for UWindsor students.
Timed to coincide with National Co-op Week, activities run daily through Saturday, March 24.
“This is an opportunity to showcase the employer partners the University of Windsor’s co-op office works with, while highlighting the opportunity for students to learn about work-integrated learning opportunities around them,” says business major Josh Nicholas, project leader for marketing and student engagement in the Office of Co-operative Education and Workplace Partnerships.
Co-op Week events include:
- a cupcake kick-off at 11 a.m. Monday, March 19, in room 1100, Lambton Tower;
- a candy buffet with jelly bean-guessing contest, all day Tuesday, March 20, in room 1100, Lambton Tower;
- an interactive “dream job” activity from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 21, in the CAW Student Centre Commons;
- a mock interview clinic for Transform M1 students, all day Thursday, March 22, in room 1100, Lambton Tower;
- an employer appreciation campaign with students tagging their co-op employers on social media Friday, March 23; and
- the Transform M1 conference, including an employer panel and speed networking event, Saturday, March 24.
Nicholas invites students to follow the hashtags #Coopweek, #HireCoop and #WILWeek on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram for daily chances to win prizes of UWindsor swag and $50 gift cards.