Free workshops offered by the Student Success Centre are geared towards helping students develop the skills that they need to achieve academic success. The summer provides opportunities to prepare for the upcoming school year.
The Skills to Enhance Personal Success (STEPS) program offers workshops to give students practical methods for improving their learning and study skills. Topics include:
- Effective Reading Strategies;
- Strategic Note Taking;
- Multiple Choice Tests and Exams;
- Effective Memory Strategies;
- Study Smarter, Not Harder;
- Taming the Chaos (Time Management);
- Exam Preparation;
- Exam Strategies; and
- Test Anxiety.
Over the summer, the centre will offer its services free of charge in the form one-on-one appointments. Students can schedule personal appointments at firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the Fall 2016 semester, the centre will hold group workshops in room 267, Dillon Hall. They are free and require no advance sign-up; find the workshop schedule at www.uwindsor.ca/steps.
For additional online support touching on many aspects of navigating university life, students can check out Campus Lifeline at www.uwindsor.ca/lifeline. This platform provides resources on of academic, personal, and practical topics, including improving presentation skills, dealing with a romantic breakup, coping with stress, getting involved on campus, and searching for a summer job.
The Student Success Centre maintains an active presence on social media:
- Facebook for daily STEPS workshop reminders as well as additional tips and tricks for success in university.
- Pinterest for important information to help students improve their study habits.
- YouTube for a range of Campus Lifeline workshops on such topics as decoding professors, mental health, and more.
- 8tracks for a collection of music playlists for students to enjoy while studying.
For more information, contact the centre at email@example.com.