Need knows no season, and so a group of graduate students in psychology is extending its efforts to meet the needs of Windsor’s poor.
The Community Action Group is continuing its Winter Food Drive through February 12, says its director of social events, Kristin Schramer.
A doctoral candidate in applied social psychology, she says all donations collected will go to the community food bank of the Windsor Homes Coalition.
It has identified the following as items in the greatest demand:
- children’s snacks, cookies, crackers, juice in boxes or cans;
- dry cereal, peanut butter, jams and jellies;
- rice, pasta and sauce, boxed macaroni and cheese;
- baking supplies and dried foods;
- canned fruit, vegetables, tuna, beans, soups and stews;
- toiletries and personal hygiene products.
Contributions are accepted until February 12 in the psychology graduate student lounge, room 181, Chrysler Hall South. To inquire about making a monetary donation, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.