The School of Creative Arts will open its concert season with the Catherine McKeever Memorial Concert on Friday, October 2, at 7:30 p.m. in the Heritage Room of Assumption Hall.
This annual concert brings together colleagues, friends and former students of the UWindsor voice instructor, who died in October 2012. It celebrates her life with music and raises funds for the scholarship created in her honour.
This year’s program includes:
- soprano Amber Tomlin singing Ainʼt It A Pretty Night? from “Susanna”
- the famous duet Domʼe lʼepais from “Lakme” sung by soprano Samantha Borgal and mezzo-soprano Amelia Daigle
- solo performances by mother-daughter songstresses Katherine and Grace Quinsey
- Pie Jesu from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Requiem” sung by soprano Lesley Andrew and boy soprano Will Ebere
- a special performance by the Mac Sisters
to name just a few of the treats in store for the audience Friday. Find concert details and program on the event website.
Admission is by donation at the door; cash and cheques accepted. Please make your cheque payable to “University of Windsor,” and write “McKeever Voice Scholarship” in the memo line. Or make your donation at UWindsor’s secure website: https://www.uwindsor.ca/donate.