Dear members of the University of Windsor community,
In one of our residences this week, on April 6, a young man suddenly and tragically passed away. I know I share with all of you our deepest sympathies for his family and friends, and our deepest sorrows at this loss. It is at times like this that we are reminded of the importance of community and the importance of being there for each other. I encourage those who seek support during this difficult time to contact one of the available services listed below.
President and Vice-Chancellor
Support Services for Students
- Student Counselling Centre – 519-253-3000, ext. 4616; room 293, CAW Student Centre
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Student Health Services – 519-253-3000, ext. 7002; room 242, CAW Student Centre
9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Peer Support Centre – room 208, CAW Student Centre, 12 to 8 p.m., Monday-Friday
After Hours Resources:
- Good2Talk – 1-866-925-5454 (Post-Secondary Student Helpline): 24-hour-crisis line, staffed by trained mental health professionals.
- Community Crisis Centre – 519-973-4435: 24-hour crisis line
- 24-hour Walk-in Service at Windsor Regional Hospital - Ouellette Campus Emergency Department, 1030 Ouellette Avenue
Support Services for Faculty and Staff
Employee Assistance Program – through Shepell.fgi at 1-800-387-4765 or go to www.uwindsor.ca/hr/wellness.