The Lead@UWindsor program provides interested students with opportunities to build skills while gaining valuable experience, says Soula Serra of the Office of Student Affairs.
“Our volunteers add tremendous value to their resumes, graduate school applications, and UWindsor Co-Curricular Transcripts by choosing from the many opportunities available to them,” says Serra, a student development specialist. “In addition to being convenient, volunteering at UWindsor is the best way for students to help their peers and make a difference.”
Volunteer opportunities are available for a variety of programs on campus, including:
- Academic Integrity Office presenter
- Students Orienting Students (S.O.S.) volunteer
- Head Start leader
- UWindsor Welcome Week volunteer
- Career Services peer educator
- Aboriginal Education Centre mentor
- International Student Centre volunteer
The deadline to apply is Friday, January 30. Find more information, including an online application, at www.uwindsor.ca/Lead.