To help celebrate the University of Windsor’s 50th anniversary, the University Bookstore is offering DailyNews readers chances to demonstrate their knowledge of the institution and its history.
Today’s quiz, the final in the year-long series, offers one lucky winner a beautiful 100 percent cotton polo shirt, in biscuit colour with the UWindsor logo embroidered in black. It is also available for purchase from the Bookstore kiosk in the CAW Student Centre at a cost of $24.95.
To enter the contest, just send your answers to the following trivia questions, one representing each decade of the University’s history. The winner will be selected at random from all correct responses received by 4 p.m. Tuesday, April 29.
- Which member of the faculty is credited by the Canadian Encyclopedia with establishing the UWindsor music department in 1966?
a) Gregory Butler
b) Richard Householder
c) Paul McIntyre
d) Carl Morey
- Former chancellor Richard Rohmer topped Canadian bestseller lists in 1973 with which debut novel?
- Women’s varsity teams adopted the Lancer name in 1989. What name had they played under to that point?
a) Lady Lancers
d) Purple Raiders
- In 1997, Brian Fryer took on what office new to the University?
a) executive dean of engineering and science
b) executive director of the Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research
c) executive director of faculty recruitment
d) executive vice-president for research
- What milestone did the University celebrate during its spring 2011 convocation ceremonies?
a) the conferral of its 50th honorary degree
b) first session completed in less than four hours
c) graduation of its 100,000th alumnus
d) topping $100 million in alumni donations
Contest is open to all readers of the DailyNews. Send an e-mail with your responses to firstname.lastname@example.org. One entry per contestant, please. Note: the decision of the judge in determining the most correct response is inviolable.