Our Aeronautics Leadership Program combines a liberal arts and leadership-focused education with commercial flight training.
Students enroll in a Bachelor of Arts, Liberal Arts and Professional Studies: Aeronautics Leadership program, taking classes on the UWindsor campus in the arts, humanities, social sciences, business, science, and engineering.
The curriculum is diverse and flexible, offering a chance to explore various areas of study. This education is coupled with flight training, which is run by our industry partner, Journey Air, at the Windsor International Airport (YQG).
- Students complete 40 courses in the arts, humanities, social sciences, business, science, and engineering.
- Six of the required courses must be taken from a selection of leadership-focused courses
- Eight of the required courses are practicum in professional development, pilot training, which is credit given for ground school, and flight training
- Up to nine courses can be taken in areas of the student’s choosing, making it possible for them to explore more areas of learning, or complete a minor in another area of interest
While students complete course work, they also work towards their Commercial Pilot’s license:
- Year One: Private Pilot’s Licence
- Year Two: Commercial Pilot’s Licence
- Year Three: Commercial Pilot’s Licence continued, Multi-engine Rating and Category 1 Instrument Rating
- Year Four: Option of working towards Class 4 Instructor Rating or time towards the Airline Transport Pilot Licence
Minimum Admission Average: 75%
Mean Admission Average: 80%
For admission to the program, students need ENG4U, SPH3U and either MHF4U, MCV4U or MDM4U
The flight-training component requires no previous flight experience.
Our faculty and professional partners have developed this program to ensure that the academic schedule has an appropriate balance of classroom work and career mentoring.
The combination of academic study and hands-on training gives students the opportunity to gain valuable, professional experience and make connections with people in the aviation industry throughout their degree.