Human Rights Day is just around the corner and it provides a wonderful opportunity to reflect. In this spirit, the Office of Human Rights, Equity, and Accessibility will present several OHREA Awards at its annual open house event on Friday, Dec. 7.
The awardees will be celebrated for advancing social justice, mental health, employment equity, and accessibility at the University of Windsor. This year’s honorees are:
- Accessibility Award to Lancer Athletics staffer Sandra Ondracka;
- Employment Equity Award to Purita (Pritz) Bristow, a retiree and former assistant director of enterprise information systems services in IT Services;
- the Human Rights and Social Justice Award goes to Kathy M’Closkey of the Department of Sociology, Anthropology and Criminology;
- the Mental Health Champion Award goes to University of Windsor alumnx Jessica Fazio;
- the OHREA Award will be presented to nursing student Chantal Kayumba.
The open house will run noon to 1:30 p.m. in Alumni Hall’s McPherson Lounge, with the awards presentation from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m. The event promises warm beverages, lunch foods, and live music.
Organizers invite the campus community to bring non-perishable food items for donation to the student food bank.