The Department of Human Resources invites the campus community to the first annual Employee Recognition Awards reception, Wednesday, January 23, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in Vanier Hall’s Winclare A.
This event has been designed to celebrate the outstanding contributions of all employees to the achievement of the University’s mission and vision, says chief human resources officer Rita LaCivita.
At this event, the Employee Recognition Program Awards will be presented to the following individuals/teams:
- Service Excellence Award (Individual) — Jonathan Sinasac, videoconferencing and multimedia engineering specialist, Centre for Teaching and Learning
- Service Excellence Award (Team) — Paul Martin Law Library staff/librarian team
- Excellence in Leadership Award — Pierre Boulos, chair, Research Ethics Board and Mike Havey, associate athletic director, Athletics and Recreational Services
- Innovation Award — Mobile Application Team comprised of members of Public Affairs and Communications and Information Technology Services
- “U” Make a Difference Award — Mary Lou Scratch, administrative assistant to the director, Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research
- Excellence in Health and Safety Award — Garry Moore, grounds supervisor, Facility Services
“The Employee Recognition Awards Reception is a great opportunity for us to come together to celebrate the contributions of our employees to the University’s success and their commitment to making a difference every day,” says LaCivita. This event will complement other recognition activities coordinated by the Department of Human Resources on behalf of the University, including the 25 Years of Service Award and 10, 20, 30 and 40 Years of Service Awards.
Faculty and staff are asked to RSVP by January 18 by contacting Oliga Tserakhava by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 519-253-3000, ext. 2044.